Schengen Visa is one special kind of tourist visa that enables either transit through or an intended stay within the territory of the Schengen Member States for the duration of maximum 90 days (short stay) within a 180-day period. Indian passport holders can apply for a Schengen Visa at the Embassy of any of the 26 Member States.
How to Apply for Schengen Visa from India?
To apply for a Schengen Visa as an Indian passport holder, you must first understand the requirements, the process of applying as well as the Schengen Visa fees for India, which we will present below.
Document Requirements for Indian Passport Holders
A general presentation of the documents requested in order to apply for a Schengen Visa in India:
- Download the application form, fill it completely and with sincerity. You can also fill the Schengen Visa application form electronically and then print a hard-copy.
- Two photos must be attached; the photo should be of passport format – a recent whole-face capture with a light background. Learn more about visa photo requirements for Indian citizens.
- Your passport and copies of your previous visas – valid for at least 3 months beyond return date – are required. Your passport must have at least two blank pages.
- Travel Visa Insurance confirmation of minimum coverage within the entire Schengen area.
- A cover letter stating the purpose of visit and itinerary
- Flight itinerary reservation with dates and flight numbers specifying entry and exit from the specified state/states. You can read everything about flight itinerary for visa application here.
- Proof of accommodation for the whole duration of the intended stay. Learn more about Hotel Booking for Visa application here.
- Proof of civil status (marriage certificate, birth certificate of children, death certificate of spouse, ration card if applicable)
- Proof of sufficient financial means for the period of stay
If you are employed:
- Employment contract
- Current bank statement, of latest 6 months (Online Bank statements are not acceptable).
- Leave permission from your employer
- Income Tax Return (ITR) form or Certificate of Income Tax deducted at the source of salary.
If self-employed :
- A copy of your business license in India
- Company bank statement of the latest 6 months
- Income Tax Return (ITR)/li>
If a student
- Proof of enrollment
- No-objection certificate from school or university
- Pension statement of the latest 6 months